Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
--Acts 17:11--

Friday, January 17, 2014

THE PLAN...Prayer Time

It is pretty typical for folks to hear of a need and pray for it right then and forget it. Maybe they'll pray about it for a few days, but by the end of the week, it's dropped out of their mind and off their prayer list. I know this happens because when I confessed it happens to me, others confessed it is their pattern as well.

This year, I'm working out a new prayer plan.

This year I plan to have more directed prayer. I have always avoided this because I've been in prayers groups that did this, and for the hour or two they prayed, it sounded like people reading from a very boring Old English novel. After the first person prayed, everyone else basically repeated what that person said. By the time it got to me, I just wanted to say, "Ditto." I mean, do I really need to say it AGAIN? So I avoided "directed prayer plans".

This year, however, I am embracing this. There are simply too many things going on in our world that need consistent addressing in prayer, and I work well with patterns and schedules. So, I am trying a topic a day prayer plan.

This is the idea:

Monday--Military Monday. Prayers for our troops and their leaders, victory over our enemies, military families, those struggling to heal physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. And more. You'll see.

Tuesday--My church. The leaders. Parents. Youth. Children. Marriages. Singles. Outreach.

Wednesday--We the people. My nation.

Thursday--The people next door. My community.

Friday--Family Friday. Extended family. Wisdom, health, salvation, relationship between them and me, marriages. What I would want someone else praying for me.

Saturday--The Sabbath celebrated by the Jews. Israel. The peace of Jerusalem.

Now, this is the list that came to mind after I prayed. Your list may be different. Pray your list. Maybe you have missionaries on your list, a different nation or continent each day. Maybe you have specific career groups such as doctors, lawyers, teachers, and such. Or maybe emergency responders such as firefighter Friday, police officer Monday, and so on.

I don't know what God has put specifically on your heart. I would love to hear. I'll share mine. You share yours. The power of God will be released, and lives will be changed. Including ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment