Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
--Acts 17:11--

Friday, January 31, 2014

January 30, 2014 Genesis 34-36, Family Friday, Do Not Fear But Trust God's Favor

PRAYER

Father God,

I am trying to find a place to start. There are so many friends and family I know who are in need. ICU, hospital, facing surgery, sick kids, flu, financial problems, and more. Lord, they all need peace. They all need to be delivered from fear and anxiety. I ask that you would supernaturally invade their situations and give them peace. I know we have to choose peace, and they probably don’t know how. I don’t always know how, but, Lord, they need you to invade where they are so they can breathe and rest. You do so many things that I have no clue how you do them. I am asking you to do this even when I have no idea how you can.

And I ask that you would be present and obvious in these needs. I ask for those who need favor that you would work in their hearts so they would act in such a way that favor can be given to them. I ask for those praying for healing in their relationships that you would work in their hearts so they are not part of the wound.

Father, for those with relationships that rip open their hearts, give them wisdom to know when to fight and how to fight and when to walk away and trust you for a new beginning. Show them how they are part of the problem, and thus, part of the solution. For those who are keeping you from healing because they keep enabling by not letting go and letting you deal with things, I ask you to show them the truth and give them strength and courage to let you dole out the necessary consequences to get the necessary attention to offer healing.

Holy God, for the ones with babies on the way, give health and rest.

For those preparing to let go, oh, God, give comfort and strength.

For those in transition, I pray you give them vision so they can move forward.

For every need, you are the answer. I ask you to do what you need to do to answer all the needs I know and even the ones I don’t.

Thank you for your faithfulness, love, and mercy to my friends and family.

To you be all glory.
Amen

BIBLE READING

 Genesis 34— A bit of an extreme response? Maybe, but I like their passion. “Should they have treated our sister like she was nothing?” I would hope their reaction would demonstrate to her at least they knew she was valuable.

 Genesis 35—Aren’t you glad God still changes names?

 Genesis 36Got to love lineage chapters, don’t you?

 MEMORIZATION

Genesis 33
10 “No, please!” said Jacob. “If I have found favor in your eyes, accept this gift from me. For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favorably.”

Today I remember…
For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favorably.

BIBLE STUDY/JOURNAL

Today we had to close a savings account for one of my children. My husband set it up when our daughter was born, and he did not put my name on it, only his and hers. Because she is a minor, she still does not have power over it, and because my name is not on it, I have no power of it. I have dealt with this particular financial institution before concerning some of my husband’s financial issues, and it was horrible. It was as though they were determined to make life as hard as possible and be as disagreeable as possible. It was as though they had set themselves against us.

On the drive over, I was fighting dread and anxiety, and once again, the Spirit reminded me:

Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be afraid.
Do not be discouraged.
The Lord your God will be with you where you go.

So I prayed. “Lord, give us favor, and help my attitude and countenance be one that allows you to work favorably toward.”

The woman who helped us was delightful. When she said my husband would have to close the account, I handed her the death certificate and explained that he has been dead nearly three years. Forty-five minutes later, we walked out of the bank with a check in hand, and the account was closed.

For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favorably.”

Holy God, thank you for letting us see your face today. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment