Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
--Acts 17:11--

Saturday, January 18, 2014

THE PLAN...My Personal Study

My personal study each day includes a few things.

Each morning, I spend time in prayer, memorizing verses, studying a specific part of the Word, and pondering in my journal. My typical study time is an hour or more on average. I know. You are thinking there is no way you can do that. How would you ever find the time? For what it is worth, I didn't start that way, and some days I don't do that now. I'm simply saying my really good, "deep" mornings include all of those things, but I'm realistic. I am a single mom of two teenagers. Some times stomach bugs hit. Sometimes we have out of town activities. Life is not always ideal. Some folks don't like writing and see no reason to journal. Sometimes I am just too blooming tired to try to memorize anything.

THIS IS NOT A LAW.

There is no guilt here. There are no requirements. We're on the path together, but you are not going to walk in my footsteps. I'm going to share what I'm doing. Nothing more.

Maybe you are up in the night with a baby. Not the time to journal, but you can pray. Great! Maybe you are sitting at someone's bedside and you've prayed until you don't know what to pray. Maybe it is time to read and take in. Maybe you are in a time that is challenging and you wonder how you will get through. You really need all of the above. Maybe not all on the same day, but you need all of them in your arsenal.

If you can only do two things, reading the Word every day and praying every day are the foundation for everything else. And if you feel like you can't even do that, than hold my hand. We'll walk through it together. I've had those times. I understand. Just stay with me because I'll stay with Him, and He'll get us both through.

We just have to stay with Him. That is The Plan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to hold your hand like I did over a year ago. I'm in a time when I feel I have no strength at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He still has us, dear one. He still has us, and when you have no strength, He is all powerful. I'm holding tightly to you both.

    ReplyDelete