Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
--Acts 17:11--

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 19, 2014, Genesis 46-48, Election Prayers, Muppet Mayhem, Obedience


After 8:30, and I’m just getting to this. Up with kids most of the night, one sick and one with a neck injury, and to curb the sinus overabundance, I tried some allergy medication, which has had me either a sleep or a in fog most of the day. Days like this happen, and it is easy to get discouraged and wonder why I try because after all, it’s after 8:30 at night, and who is going to read it anyway?

Well, the truth is I don’t know if anyone is going to read it, but I made a commitment to do this to the best of my ability, and today, this is my best. So even if no one reads it, my Lord sees my obedience, and I am learning that is the whole point of life. Obedience. To Him. Even when there is no clear result…because obedience to Him is the only result that matters.

PRAYER

Daddy,

Our nation has started the election process, and I’m asking for people to lead us whose hearts are for you. I don’t care if they are Republican, Democrat, independent, or whatever. I’m simply praying for them to have your heart.

Be with those who are endeavoring to run honorable campaigns. Give them peace.

Stand against those who are liars and cheaters and use manipulation to gain an upper hand.

In accordance with your Word, I ask…

…that you bring an end to the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure. (Psalm 7:9)

…for the power of the wicked to be broken but for you to uphold the righteous. (Psalm 37:17 )

…for you to cut off the horns of all the wicked but to lift up the horns of the righteous (Psalm 75:10)

…you to rescue the righteous person from trouble and let it fall on the wicked instead (Proverbs 11:8)

…that the righteous would prosper and the city rejoice while the wicked perish (Proverbs 11:10)

…that no one be established through wickedness but that the righteous would not be uprooted (Proverbs 12:3)

…that the wicked would be overthrown and never rise again  but that the house of the righteous stand firm (Proverbs 12:7)

…that no harm would overtake the righteous but that the wicked would have their fill of trouble. (Proverbs 12:21)

…that righteousness would guard the person of integrity but that wickedness would overthrow the sinner (Proverbs 13:6)

…that the light of righteous shine brightly, but the lamp of the wicked be snuffed out (Proverbs 13:9)

Thank you for hearing my prayer on behalf of this nation.
Amen

BIBLE READING

Genesis 46—Oh, seriously. I saw “Muppin” and my brain made it “muppet”. Hard to get anything deeply spiritual out of muppets. Sorry.

Genesis 47—Honestly, I’m too tired for anything deep. But Joseph saved everyone. I did have one thought: what was it like for Pharaoh to be blessed by this man of God? Did Pharaoh know it was powerful? Did he realize he was in the presence of greatness? Did he miss it because he believed he was a god-king? Do I miss things because I think I am above the person giving them to me? Do I realize the gifts and blessings even when  the giver seems so…ordinary?

Genesis 48—So why did the boys get credited to Israel? I don’t know, but again, not a trip through to study, just taking a look around, so I’ll look it up later.

MEMORIZATION

My mantra today.

 37 “For no word from God will ever fail.”
38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered.
“May your word to me be fulfilled.”
Then the angel left her.
Luke 1

BIBLE STUDY/JOURNAL

I have tried to hand this valiantly. However, I am so sleepy I could fall asleep right now, so I think I am going to do just that. I’ll see you tomorrow. Probably later than usual, but I’ll see you.

Blessings,

Jerri

2 comments:

  1. I love that you do these. I am behind in reading them and I don't always comment but they bless me. They truly bless me. I feel bigger knowing I'm not alone. The messiness around me seems more manageable. Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your very kind words. They are great encouragement to me. You bless me richly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete